The FDA has granted approval of the InPen system which is a wireless-enabled “SmartPen” insulin pen for people with diabetes to use in best caring for and dosing their insulin.
According to a PR NewsWire press release, this is the first FDA approved pen of it’s kind created by Companion Medical to provide technology for the following:
- Calculate and recommend optimal dosing
- Track history and timing of doses
- Monitor insulin temperature
- Display last dose and insulin-on-board
- Track and report to the health care provider